Thursday, May 11, 2017

Orders!

In the midst of creating drawings for the few books I'm working on, I've also been handling Etsy orders.

Etsy is usually at its peak for me right around the holidays, but I've been pleasantly surprised at the slow but sure consistency my shop has had over the last month. Considering I have not really updated anything or included any new listings since January, I have been enjoying the few order that have come my way!

My favorite is the custom order critter sets, since I adore seeing which critters pick!


Alexandria Gold Illustration Alexandria Gold children's books illustration Ria Art World Crochet Amigurumi Miniature Handmade Crafting

Each of these customers picked the carrot! In my mind, the octopus is my favorite, so I always think people would pick them, but it's always something different!

Alexandria Gold Illustration Alexandria Gold children's books illustration Ria Art World Crochet Amigurumi Miniature Handmade Crafting

There was also an order for one of my pig plushies!! This is exciting for me because so far, only my Corgi plushies are selling, but this time it was the pig (Yes!)

Alexandria Gold Illustration Alexandria Gold children's books illustration Ria Art World Crochet Amigurumi Miniature Handmade Crafting


You can see a cute boomerang of a Corgi plushie that was ordered this last month here:


This Corgi went all the way to Denmark! However, the package arrived damaged sadly and the customer didn't get their Corgi 😥   The images looked like the package was a victim of mail theft-so sad!

This has never happened to me before on Etsy, and even though I realize that there is always the risk that a customer could be taking advantage of the situation, I prefer to just give the benefit of the doubt.

After all, this is a rare occasion, and I would rather have a happy customer than suffer a bad review of my shop! So I refunded the transaction. and I chalk it up to the cost of business.

I would be curious to know how others handle situations such as these on Etsy though.

--

I also received an order for some fun Ria Art Fan Art! I love Adventure Time and this was also a first purchase for my Adventure Time buttons. They went all the way to Canada!



The second piece of fan art was a crochet Totoro and I made a boomerang for that too:



Hopefully, I will have time to upload new things to my shop this summer so that I can keep things fresh! I especially would like to start including crochet patterns too. Suggestions are always welcome!




No comments:

Post a Comment