Tuesday, June 17, 2014

You're a Star<3

Give the star in your life a little reminder of how brightly they shine!


I've always wanted to try and crochet a star-of course knowing myself, I like my crochet creations to be tiny and functional. So I made these adorable sparkly star keychains. 

I actually recycled the ribbon that makes these cutie stars feel more like a special gift. This ribbon was used to tie candy bags closed (from Fiona's Sweetshoppe here in SF-delicious candy!) they had the company name printed on the satin material.

I couldn't stand to throw them away, so I doused a cotton ball with some acetone and removed the print from the material. Then I tossed them in with my laundry (dark colors of course) so they would smell nice. You could also soak them in a bowl of warm soapy water for a few hours to clean them of the acetone.

Viola! A way to re-use ribbon. Try it with your gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment