Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Re-Do

It isn't very often that I will consider revisiting older drawings/illustrations I've done. I always like to keep moving forward so that my work continues to improve and evolve so I can always present my best work.

However, I was combing through some old files and came across these character sketches I did several years ago that are supposed to be the characters from a book series I used to love as a kid. The series was called the Bailey School Kids and each book always had a funny title like Dracula doesn't Drink Pink Lemonade.

The series was about these four kids who went to school with some pretty wacky teachers that they always thought were supernatural things like vampires, werewolves or aliens. The crew would proceed to investigate the teachers to see if they were really some sort of 'monster' and in the end, the results were not always conclusive-but in a fun silly way!

Feeling nostalgic, I decided to redraw these four kids and I'm happy with how they turned out! I can see that my technique has gotten tighter and more polished.



Here are the original sketches from long, long ago:





No comments:

Post a Comment